Business Name: CFF
Location: 5230 S. Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32809
Schedule: Flexible (normal hours are 6:00 am – 3:30 pm, weekends as work load requires)
Minimum Qualifications: Must have experience in commercial furniture upholstery (Sofas, Chairs, Banquettes, Ottomans, etc…)
Pay: Piecework and Hourly
Company Name: G. Suppes Upholstery, Inc.
Job Site Address: 1379 Old County Road, Suite B, San Carlos, CA
Contact information: Phone – 650-921-4712
Compensation: $15.00 - $25.00 (DOE)
Hours: Full or Part time, Monday – Friday, between 9:00AM and 5:00 PM (Flexible for the right candidate)
Busy furniture upholstery shop on Mid-Peninsula seeking qualified upholstery professionals. A journeyman upholsterer that can cut and sew is preferred. However, a furniture upholstery seamstress would also be a great help. If you can you hang fabric, but are not really a sewer, that is fine too. Full or part time. Pay would depend on experience, and one’s level of production. Quality work is the most critical requirement.
A job description is below.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Work with fabric and leather to upholster frames with the use of welts, nails, adhesives, cement, tacks and other materials and hand tools including air compressed staple gun.
· Operate sewing machine to sew upholstery and join various sections of covering fabric.
· Remove covering, webbing, padding, and/or defective springs from workpieces, using hand tools such as hammers and tack pullers.
· Fabricating and/or modifying furniture frames as directed.
· Examine furniture frames, spring, and webbing to identify defects.
· Understand drawings, sketches and work.
· Meet timely reorders given lead time and other constraints.
· Inspect frames and other parts for quality or workmanship standards.
· Inspect upholstered articles to verify conformance to customer’s order or company standards.
· Stuff pillows, cushions, and other materials as needed.
· Measure and cut materials using manual or automated cutting instruments.
· Follow all safety policies, procedures and guidelines, including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Using company vehicle, assist with the delivery of furniture to the client requested location.
· Keep workspace and equipment clean and well organized.
· Complete other work-related duties as dictated by the business and management.
Qualifications include (but not limited to):
· Ability to work with challenging materials is essential.
· Ability to push, pull, carry 50+ pounds.
· Executed with extreme accuracy and efficiency.
· Effectively take direction well from the Owner, management and the design team.
· Ability to follow and support the quality systems.
· Possess excellent mathematical skill.
· Ability to stand, bend and stretch for periods of time
· Professional and effective oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment towards a common goal.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple work tasks.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Must be able to speak, read and write English. Bi-lingual a plus.
· Must be reliable and eager to work.
· Interior design experience a plus.
Looking for an employee? NUA Members can advertise job opportunities for their business. Please email the following information: Business Name, Location, Schedule, Minimum Qualifications, Pay, and list if there are opportunities for education, advancement or promotion.
Services For Hire
There are no services listed at this time.
Looking for an employer? or available for contract work? NUA Members can advertise their upholstery services. Please email the following: Where, Upholstery/Sewing Skills, Contact Information.