All positions at the National Upholstery Association are held by non-paid volunteers who are passionate about making a difference in the upholstery trade and beyond. We hope that will include you! The NUA has several short- and long-term opportunities for those of you who are eager to help shape the future of upholstery. Fill out the form below to get involved.
For those looking for a shorter commitment (tuned in with your schedule), check out our volunteer wish list:
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Coordinating our volunteers - building, expanding and improving how we work together
- Writing & editing stories of interest to the trade and the membership (blog, newsletter, guest posts)
- Keeping members informed of both internal and external affairs though our Calendar of Events
- Technical assistance in the form of web development, scheduling, and communications
- Contacting individual members regarding membership perks, profile updates and spotlight articles
- Merchandise development
- Participating in the organization of the NUA's event associated with the Custom Workroom Conference
- Finance Committee member with experience in accounting
- Member Outreach Coordinator - reaching out to your fellow members and/or Industry Partners to help them get the most out of their membership!
- NUA Book Club - coordination of meetings, activities, and Facebook group
- Tell us about your interests if you have a talent not mentioned above - we'd love to work with you!
See detailed job descriptions plus additional information for volunteers here.
It is truly an honor to play a part in shaping the professional upholstery industry - working together to open up new opportunities and benefits for those working both within the trade, and alongside it.
Don't wait, Join us now!